Due to the unusual circumstances petitions for the board of trustees for the library are being waived this year. If you are interested in running for the 1 year term vacated by Kayla Bissett or the 5 year term for the expired term of Joanna Clark send an email to Tracey Waters @TWaters@whitesvillesd.org and include the following information: I, YOUR NAME, hereby declare my candidacy for the Whitesville Public Library vacant seat caused by the expired term of Joanna Clark. Five (5) year said term to begin July 1, 2020 and to expire June 30, 2025.
I, YOUR NAME, hereby declare my candidacy for the vacant Whitesville Public Library seat for a one (1) year term to fill the unexpired term of Kayla Bissett. Said term to begin July 1, 2020 and to expire June 20, 2021.
You must also included your: Home address, Phone number, Email address and an alternate phone number (if available).
Qualifications of successful candidates are:
1) Must be a citizen of the United States
2) Must be at least 18 years of age
3) Must have been a district resident for a continuous period of at least 1-year prior to the election
4) Must be able to read and write
5) Must be the only member of her/her family residing in the same household on the school board
1) Must not simultaneously hold an incompatible public office, such as town supervisor
2) Must not be an employee of the district
3) Must not have been removed from a school district office within one-year of the election
The same candidacy intensions, qualifications (edit #5 to “library board”) and restrictions (dismiss rule #3) apply for Member of the Whitesville Public Library.
This information is available on the Whitesville Central School web site at www.whitesvillesd.org Click on Our district/ Board of Education.